Farewell Caucasus

Check out the Briefing for our HyperLobby missions here!
Shamansky
07. Major [Майор]
07. Major [Майор]
Name: Jaroslaw
Surname: Solak
Callsign: Shamansky
Zulu Time:
Squadron: 100KIAP

Re: Farewell Caucasus

Post by Shamansky » 19 Jun 2016 10:12

Farewell Caucasus v0.82 beta tests are over. Mission scenario in beta has been taken down from server completely last night. Due to server breaking bugs: server disappears from lobby, network code issues, broken AI routines upon group spawn since 1.5.3, and other game breaking bugs not related to scenario; I have decided to take it down from server completely until there are better times both for me budget wise and time wise, and DCS World gets a better stable release with stronger multiplayer component. Although Air to Air component was 100% complete and tested there were no community interest to fly our server, due to high popularity of other servers and very small number of players actually flying multiplayer. I have seen no reason to keep it on the server for A2A component of Farewell Caucasus then due to minimal interest even from own squadron to use it. I am basically writing to myself in this thread, LOL. Thank you all, you know who you are, for testing and I wish you great summer!
Will surely return to scenario and server development when there are better times for DCS World, more clients interested in more servers, and there is money in my pocket allowing me to do it instead on focusing on pursuing new jobs in RL to keep family together :shaman:
100KIAP POLITICAL COMMISSAR
Jaroslaw "Shaman" Solak
docWilly
Name: Willy
Surname: Kranke
Callsign: docWilly
Zulu Time:

Post by docWilly » 19 Jun 2016 22:34

Sad, really sad...but that´s how it is nowadays....and a shame that things got so corrupted with every update in 1.5.3. Hard to get a scenario running with all that broken wires ingame.

Well....Jaroslaw....enjoy the summer..if it is to come this year

Willy
Shamansky
07. Major [Майор]
07. Major [Майор]
Zulu Time:

Post by Shamansky » 21 Jun 2016 09:33

Hello my friend, docWilly, when I will return to this you deserve a VIP slot of side/module of your choice! You have done great work helping me to find new bugs. I will keep developing it offline until DCS World gets proper release version. Basically next thing would be adding now slowly pre-brief messages for all clients and re-do briefing screens. However priority daily are job applications and searching for job opportunities, I am in debts and out of $$$steam to secure my family's life. There will be no summer vacations unfortunately.
Jaroslaw "Shaman" Solak
Shamansky
07. Major [Майор]
07. Major [Майор]
Zulu Time:

Post by Shamansky » 04 Dec 2016 15:34

Good news everyone! Farawell Caucasus will return with new updates to 51st Flight Server within less than just Two Weeks! :banana:
Jaroslaw "Shaman" Solak
Rage
Name: Sherif
Surname: Hosny
Callsign: Rage
Zulu Time:
Squadron: 51st

Post by Rage » 04 Dec 2016 19:28

Good stuff Shaman! But for your own sanity do not over complicate it. DCS is in a permanent state of flux and activity as you know is limited. I look forward to having a MP mission again.
Shamansky
07. Major [Майор]
07. Major [Майор]
Zulu Time:

Post by Shamansky » 27 Feb 2017 11:47

Mission will be launched today or by 1st of March. Excuse me for delay due to logistics issues beyond my control.
Jaroslaw "Shaman" Solak
Shamansky
07. Major [Майор]
07. Major [Майор]
Zulu Time:

Post by Shamansky » 04 Dec 2017 09:44

Due to Real Life commitments scenario development has been put on hold.

New version of this scenario may or may not be released next year, however will no longer be developed for 51st PVO server due to my retirement from the squadron.

Thread locked.
Jaroslaw "Shaman" Solak