Su-27 Crash in Poland Air Show!

Sit down, relax, our political officer will attend to you shortly. Vodka might be running scarce, but the possibilities for an open discussion remain almost unlimited!
X-man
Callsign: X-man
Zulu Time:
Squadron: 51 PVO

Re: Su-27 Crash in Poland Air Show!

Post by X-man » 03 Sep 2009 09:59

Thanks sniffer, you can see that what was suppose to be another barrel-roll turned into some kind of Split-s into the ground :(
X-man, #34 of the 51st PVO Regiment
Sniffer
Zulu Time:

Post by Sniffer » 03 Sep 2009 10:33

Full display - Here You can watch (very good quality) how many time between he disappeared behind trees and crash...

Tribute... - very nice compose of display and music and colours. Look at 3:04 on clouds - You see that face? Yeah, I know - it's metaphysics or sth like that but very interesting thing! With friend we called him: "Lord of the life and death"

Pilots:

R.I.P.

Edit: Forget to put this photo:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6443/su27ubmcrash1.jpg (only link because it's really big)

Look - at this moment on HSI he had 'blue' field so I think they believes in afterburner which in fact started to working... but probably 1-2 seconds too late...

Some guys on polish forums made more saturation (or less?) and they've got sth like this (maybe it's only clouds):

When he disappear and recover some thrust he 'fight' about 10 seconds... Witness said that he made some left turn about 25 degrees where he missed house but at so little power this turn pull him down on left wing... They talks about eletric lines and other says that plane just jump over the house (after touching ground he goes up o_O) I wonder what really happens behind trees... We've got only rumours and few videos... Waiting for some report.
Sniffer
Zulu Time:

Post by Sniffer » 03 Sep 2009 10:59

One more movie when You can see that turn (bad quality) from other perspective:

Another side of airbase
Sniffer
Zulu Time:

Post by Sniffer » 09 Sep 2009 10:30

New video from another perspective and showing last moments before crash:

Last moments...
Delta
Zulu Time:

Post by Delta » 09 Sep 2009 18:43

It's difficult to be sure, but from that last video you have posted Sniffer, it looks like the aircraft was approaching the stall, and the left wing stalled first... wing drop and then into the ground :(

RIP
59th_Szika
Zulu Time:

Post by 59th_Szika » 10 Sep 2009 13:50

Somebody was watching it from the sky

1:46-1:52
Image Image Image